Certificate IV Accounting & Bookkeeping Xero Learn PackageISBN:
This package will be available in March 2021 for $199 including postage (Australia only).
Learn Now Publications’ January 2021 editions include a package of textbooks and interactive digital resources utilising Xero Learn for Certificate IV Accounting and Bookkeeping students. Greg Pazmandy’s computerised accounting books have been used widely for the past thirty years, and now they’ve been rewritten for Xero!
It is specifically designed to support lecturers and students in remote delivery (or, fingers crossed, face to face!).
Students are provided with both the paperback and digital edition of each title. They can either show the instructions on screen with Xero, view the instructions on their mobile while completing the exercises on their desktop or laptop, use the printed book in front of their keyboard, whatever! Everyone learns differently, and this package provides everything needed.
Computerised Accounting using Xero Learn
Unit Covered: FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
Establish and Maintain Payroll Systems using Xero Learn
Unit Covered: FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
Complete Business Activity and Instalment Activity Statements using Xero Learn
Unit Covered: FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
The package includes:
- The three textbooks, delivered to the student’s home.
- 12 months access to the Digital Editions of each of the textbooks.
- Three year subscription to future digital editions of the Payroll and BAS textbooks, to support students in their continuing education.
- 6 months access to Xero Learn (with a 6 month extension available for purchase if required).
- Case studies for each unit, mapped against the unit of competency.
Does my educational institution need a Xero Learn Licence?
No. Learn Now provides Xero Learn access to everyone who purchases the resource package.
When a student places an order, these things happen:
- The student is signed up for Xero Learn, and emailed further instructions.
- We add the numerous client company files needed to complete the activities and exercises in the learning materials to the student’s Xero Learn account. This includes company files with up to 50 current employees, offering a realistic simulation of the payroll work done by bookkeepers and accountants, especially when it comes to STP reporting and reconciliations.
- We also give each student access to a number of blank company files, which you can use for assessment purposes. Just ask your students to add you as a secondary user and you can even help them or check their work remotely!
- The student is given immediate access to the online learning resources, including Digital Editions, practice exercises, case studies, solutions to half of the exercises, and digital workbook files. You can even link to these individual resources in your LMS, and if the student hasn’t yet purchased the package, they will be redirected to our store to do so. The next time they click on the link, they’ll be authenticated and able to view the material, direct from your LMS!
- The paperback textbooks are posted to the students’ home address, usually arriving within two business days.
What’s the difference between the package, and just prescribing a textbook?
With the package, we automate the admin work, creating user accounts, adding company files, and so on. You don’t need to have a Xero Learn licence, upload yaml files, or anything else. You can focus on teaching and assessing. If you prefer to handle the admin side yourself, let us know and we can give you the files you’ll need.
How do I set it up?
Simple! In your LMS, direct your students to purchase the package: LNOnline.com.au/c4xero21
If you want to add deep links to our content (like a direct link to a chapter of the Digital Edition, or a practice exercise), send us an email and we’ll talk you through it. As long as you have a SCORM compliant LMS, it should work.
Err, how do you use Xero?
We can give you early access to the platform (and some exercises!) to get you up to speed. Please email email@example.com to sign up.
What’s a Digital Edition?
Learn Now’s Digital Editions are interactive, HTML versions of our textbooks. They’re perfect for remote learning with interactive questions, self-marking questions and video content to keep students engaged. They look great on desktops, laptops, tablets and phones, but require an internet connection to work.